HomeMaritime Law BlogMaritime InjuriesTips for Coping with Injury after an Offshore Mississippi Maritime Accident

Tips for Coping with Injury after an Offshore Mississippi Maritime Accident

If you’ve been seriously injured in a Mississippi maritime accident, you may feel overwhelmed by the prospect of suing for emotional distress and injury. An attorney who handles maritime accident cases can relieve you of the frustration and anxiety of handling court documents and proving your case against powerful insurance companies.

If you are injured in an accident, and, for instance, you are given emergency medical services by the Coast Guard, maritime accident law more likely than not applies to your case. An attorney will be able to explain this more in the context of the specific facts of your case, but that generally makes you eligible for certain benefits while you are still in recovery. While your attorney works on your case, here are some recommendations for coping with the psychological stress of injury and not being able to work:

  • Without straining yourself or disobeying your doctor’s orders, engage in as much of your normal routine as possible.
  • Spend time with family and friends.
  • Join a support group for injured workers.
  • Consider meeting with an occupational therapist who specializes in injured maritime workers.

If you have been injured in an offshore Mississippi maritime accident, you can get help from an attorney who focuses on maritime law and may be able to win you compensation by suing for emotional distress and injury.

Contact a Louisiana or Mississippi Maritime Accident Lawyer

Maritime law provides you with certain protections your employer may not want you to know about. Just like ocean accidents require the attention of a federal body, the Coast Guard, maritime accidents fall under federal law. A maritime law attorney from The Young Firm in New Orleans, Louisiana, can help you if you have suffered boating accident injuries, an offshore accident or other injuries that fall under maritime law or the Jones Act. Though we are based in Louisiana, we are ready and able to help injured victims throughout the U.S. Order our free Maritime Injury Law guide and/or our guide to what to do when you are injured offshore to learn all about your rights as an injured worker.

When you are ready to get started with your Jones Act injury case, we urge you to contact us today for a FREE case evaluation – call us at 504-680-4100.

have a question?