Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: (866) 938-6113
Phone: (504) 680-4100
The Young Firm
Robert and Timothy Young
Nationwide Representation
Local(504) 680-4100
Toll Free(866) 938-6113
Critical Books for Free Download

Get Immediate AnswersTo Your Questions

Download 7 Critical Books for FREE

Can you file for social security disability during your maritime Jones Act case?

Timothy J. Young
Connect with me
Maritime accident attorney in New Orleans with over 20 years experience representing those injured at sea.
Can a Jones Act seaman file for Social Security disability?

I’m attorney Tim Young. I practice maritime law in New Orleans, Louisiana and in this video I want to discuss with you whether or not an injured Jones Act maritime worker can apply for Social Security disability after his maritime injury. The short answer is yes. Under maritime law you are absolutely allowed to apply for Social Security disability. We encourage all of our clients to do so. It’s an extra avenue that you can pursue to get income while you’re injured after your maritime accident. A Jones Act maritime seaman who is injured can apply for Social Security disability.

Call us if you have any questions about your rights, choices or options under maritime law or under the Jones Act.

Practice Areas

Live Chat